Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2: Jan. 2nd, 2009


I was expecting more rainclouds this morning, but instead I was greeted by a soft whispering blanket of pure white snow! How lovely! Why had I wimped out and not taken a picture of the rain yesterday? It would have made such a nice contrast. Oh, well... the Bible verse about the snow popped into my mind:
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
- Psalm 51:7
I looked it up online, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was followed one of my favorite passages:

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

-Psalm 51: 10-12

It's the first in a little trio of verses I've considered "mine" since I was a teenager.
I used the version switcher and looked it up in The Message and liked the way this passage read:

Scrub away my guilt,
soak out my sins in your laundry.
I know how bad I've been;
my sins are staring me down.
I guess that sums up my resolutions - I'm hoping to wash out some stains, I know I can't get rid of all of them now, but little by little I hope to make my life a little brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment